For someone who can’t get over traumatic experiences, it can seem like you are stuck in a never-ending cycle of reliving the trauma day after day. Many also turn to drugs and alcohol to self-medicate the symptoms of trauma.
If you find yourself dealing with trauma, unable to get over trauma, or that you use drugs or drink because of trauma, then you can benefit hugely from an addiction and PTSD rehab facility.
How Help For Trauma Will Work
Post-traumatic stress disorder affects each person in unique ways. Some of the symptoms of enduring traumatic experiences include the following:
- Constantly feeling on edge, being overly jumpy and easily startled
- Quick to anger and just as quick to tears and other emotional breakdowns
- Flashbacks that can feel quite real
- Inability to sleep without the threat of nightmares and night terrors
- Withdrawing from social and family events
- Inability to hold down a steady job due to the flashbacks and other overwhelming emotions associated with PTSD
- Difficulty forming new trustful relationships
Trauma treatment will help those who are living with PTSD in the following ways:
- Help to work through all of the identifying emotions, including fear and anger.
- Using positive therapy treatments that get to the root cause of the post-traumatic stress order and also offers workable solutions for getting through the trauma.
- If addiction and trauma are both of concern then each will be treated as a separate condition. By treating both the addiction and its root cause, a much longer-lasting and healthier sobriety can be achieved.
If you are living with trauma and substance abuse controlling your life, this is your opportunity to get professional treatment that will help you to break free from the grips of the addiction and trauma. Professional help for trauma can help you turn your life around and turn it back into one that you recognize.
You do not need to live a life that is controlled by your experienced trauma. Our team consists of confident professionals who can help you find closure and sobriety. Our integrated treatment plans offer workable solutions for both your addiction and your post-traumatic stress disorder. We believe in treating the person as a whole, not just as an addiction or as a PTSD sufferer. By treating the trauma and addiction you will be ensured a much stronger future; one in which you are in control.